It has been a bad day. It has been a bad weekend. So far, this blog has become nothing but me bitching and moaning about my life. It really is not that bad. I am not Ms. Doom-n-Gloom. I don't always focus on the negative. It is just so hard right now.
My weekend was spent arguing with B. He says I am wrong for not "solving" the problem with C. When B called on Thursday, C told him that he did not like M. B yelled at him, told him that he was mena and that he didn't want to hear him say that ever again. C got upset, started crying and did not want to talk to B anymore. I got on the phone and B proceeded to call me a bunch of names and blame the whole thing on me. The actual truth, which came out later, was that M yelled at C when he was there last and told him he was naughty. So that was a mess.
B calls Friday morning to talk to the kids but they are already dropped off. Daycare is closed and my sis was watching them, a further drive for me so I had to drop them off earlier to get to work on time. He was all angry and hung up on me. Whatever.
I bring C and M to the park on Saturday and leave my phone in the car. When we got back to the car, there were 2 missed phone calls from B. C said he still did not want to talk to I did not call back. About an hour later, he calls again. I tell him that C does not want to talk right now and I will talk to him and see if he will call later that night. B freaks out, starts calling me names, telling me that I brought all this on myself and I better fix it or he will file contempt charges with the court for not being able to talk to HIS son. I hang up on him and he calls back. I let it go to voicemail. He said I am a c&*t and I have no right to do this, blah, blah, blah. I just leave it alone. He calls back and tells me that I "better not even think about" filing child support papers (I want a review because I know B lied about how much money he was making) or he will file for custody of the kids and I will never see them again. He will take them to another state to keep them away from me.
I found out that B did not feed the kids the last time they were there (but according to B, he gave them snacks so what's the big deal), a 7 hour visit.
This whole thing is just a disaster. I always feel like I am strong or getting stronger but then something like this happens and I am right back to where I was before....what can I do to make him happy, how do I shield me and the kids? What the hell is wrong with me?!?!?!
Where did my backbone go? I never took shit from anybody before. Why am I now? Why do I let him affect me like this?
I was not a good mom this weekend. I had no patience with the kids and frankly, just did not even want to be around them. I snapped at them and I was short with them. Why I thought I could just act like a bitch all weekend is beyond me. C was upset this morning and started crying for no reason, then he just started SOBBING. I asked him what was wrong and he said "You don't like me anymore and you always yell at me". Great. I feel like shit, I feel like a horrible mother, I feel like I used my babies as a doormat. I am obviously not handling this well and really need to get some help focusing and figuring this out.
I talked with an attorney and she basically said I have to take it. She said as long as I can defend my actions in court, I should not worry. I don't know if I should believe that or if I am just getting the run-around. Right now, affording an attorney is impossible. But I want one so that person can act as a buffer between B and myself. When he is angry, he can call and yell at my attorney. I do not want to deal with it!
I just don't know what to do....
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I wish I had some advice for you R...I wish I even knew what to say. I wish I had some words that could make it all better, make it all just go the way it should...I wish I could somehow make B grow the h*ll up and see what he is doing and what he *should* be doing...I wish I could take away your pain. But I can't...I don't even know what advice to give you, and I hate that! Best friends are sposed to know what to say. The only words I can find are probably just dumb and cliche and of no help in finding an answer, only serve to try and help keep your spirits up as you trudge through...
All I have to offer are my hugs, my ear always ready and willing to listen, and my shoulder to lean on or cry on or whatever you need it for. Oh, and I am always ready to get catty with you, which we all know can be GREAT medicine sometimes, however right or wrong it is.
And I have love to offer...years and years of love. And hope; hope that things turn around for you, because you deserve it.
Ahhh, and uggg. Frustrating, I'm sorry.
Hey girl, I just read this entry, and I hate that someone else is going through the same shit. My ex always threatens to take my daughter away from me when things don't go the way he wants. Its awful, cause he still can use that fear against me, and control me with it.
Lots of people tell me not believe him, but its so hard when it comes to your kids. My daughter is only two, but I know its just going to get harder.
I hope things start smoothing out for your eventually, and that you can find some comfort knowing that someone else out there feels your pain.
YOU ARE A GOOD MOM!
I'm SO glad you're writing about this stuff because it's documentation of everything he has said and done. Keep doing it!
I don't know your whole story, but there does seem reason to believe that he should not be allowed overnight visits. I put a bunch of stipulations and conditions on the girls' visitation with their father, and I got it all.
It is much harder to amend an existing divorce decree. Fight now. Fight hard. Fight for everything you think is best for the kids. I don't know your whole situation so I don't know if you'll get it all. But I do think you have to try.
Post a Comment