There is major, immature drama going on in the blogosphere right now. I first heard about it yesterday and left it alone. I don't want to attract all the haters to my blog. It messes up all my nice comments...ha ha! I read some more about it tonight (against my better judgement). Any of you that know me IRL (I know this one will come as a complete shock), I tend to assert my POV, even if it's not asked for. I am definitely not a wallflower and will say what needs to be said, regardless of the backlash. So, needless to say, I finally posted a comment.
I am really just disappointed and disgusted with the whole thing. I feel like I shoved in the middle and made to feel like I had to choose sides, just because I read all of them. I am seriously contemplating deleting all of them from my Reader. I find it so messed up that we are no longer allowed to have opinions because we write a blog or read a particular blog. I find it disgusting that "celebrity" bloggers cannot set their personal feelings aside. And by not setting their personal feelings (and by that, I mean the "friendships" they have made in bloggyland) aside, they have divided the blogging community. It should have been done in private. Listen up...You have absolutely no right to do that. If you cannot play nice, you shouldn't be playing at all.
I had this discussion with someone at work the other day. When did it become wrong to have opinions? Really, let's be honest about the whole thing. If I said that I think Hitler is the greatest man to walk the Earth, does that make me wrong just because I do not agree with the consensus (I don't really think that, by the way. But you all would be the first to know!)? I am so fed up with fragile egos and backstabbing and pettiness. If you think you are the greatest thing to walk the planet and I tell you differently, it doesn't mean you are wrong or I am wrong. We just have different...wait for it....wait for it....OPINIONS! Crazy how that whole thing works huh? This post, same deal, I am asserting my right to have an opinion. You can try to sway me to your side. Maybe I will go and maybe I won't. But it does not mean I am not a good, nice person just because I don't agree.
Wouldn't you think people would respect you more because you are able to be an independent-thinker? I definitely appreciate people more when they can give an honest, from-the-heart answer to a question. I instantly write them off as dead-heads when they want to know my answer first. I love a fierce, intelligent debate. I dislike a pissing match about who is more popular.
There you have it folks...an entire post that is solely MY opinion.
****************************************************************************
In other news, the kids had their first-ever overnight with their dad. I think it went well. The kids are a little crazy tonight which could be a combination of a ton of stuff. Either way, I am glad it went well, regardless of how hard it was for me.
V is being a giant douche-bag about giving me my stuff back. I am thinking about letting B loose on him...that should cure his unwillingness to be cooperative! I sent V a text and took the completely mature (*insert dripping sarcasm here*) route. I am just tired of screwing around and playing his stupid mind games.
We are less than 3 weeks from the move. It is coming up fast. I have some disappointing things lately about the place where I am moving. I will be talking to the manager when I sign the lease so he knows, again, that I am very serious about not living in a place that will be disruptive.
The pup went to his new forever home this weekend. The taker??? B, as surprising as that is. He has actually been pleasant for the past couple weeks. No yelling, no nasty emails, no nasty phone calls, accommodating. It is pretty darn nice.
I sent off the little man's stuff for school so hopefully everything goes smoothly with that. In less than 2 months, my little man will be 5!
Sometimes, I really hate being alone. Sometimes I really love being alone. Today, I do not like it. I am really feeling like my choices in men thus far have been pretty crappy. First, we have B, who thought I could be his emotional punching bag and eventually his physical punching bag. Then I get V, the alcoholic man with no goals in life, who thought it was ok to kick in my door while I had a houseful of kids and he was wasted. I am not really sure where to go from here. I guess I need to try and figure out the "why" of my choices.
Those are the updates. I have 2 kids that need to get into bed so I am out of here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for your honesty on all of the drama. I'm trying to stay out of it too. It is sad... but we all feel attacked at some point and feel the need to attack back.
But you're right. Why can't we just have opinions and leave it at that?
Glad to hear that you're thinking things through. Here's to hoping the next guy will rock your world in a good way!
I'm completely in the dark about the latest internet drama. Guess it's probably better that way.
Loneliness is like any other emotion: there's a beginning, middle and end. And worth experiencing for a while to get yourself where you need to be. 'Course, that's just my opinion.
just surfed by....drama? political correctness run amuck! TOO much pc leads to no freedom of speech and no opinions either....
Post a Comment