Friday, May 2, 2008
I wish I had time to update this everyday...
C got over croup but replaced it with a horrible cough that made him throw up. I brought him on Thursday. He had some wheezing in his lungs so they gave him a nebulizer treatment which helped slightly. I got a prescription for oral steroids and robitusson with codeine. I thought last night I would finally be able to get some sleep (after 12 straight days of sick kids) but C woke up at 3:00 am complaining of an ear ache. I finally got him back to sleep and M woke up. I got her to sleep and Chase woke up coughing. He got medicine, fell back to sleep and I managed to sneak in a couple more hours of sleep. I brought C back into the doctor today. Redness and fluid in the ear...ear infection. So in addition to his other 2 meds, he is on amoxicillin 3x/day for 10 days and ibuprofen as needed for pain. Poor little guy. He is not eating, hardly drinking and not sleeping. In addition, the steroids make him really wired and really mean. He said some pretty horrible things today. But, another day down. They are both in bed and will hopefully be sleeping really soon. I plan on following shortly after.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment