We made it through Christmas. It was not as hectic and crazy as it could have been. We spent Christmas Eve day with family and friends. We spent Christmas Eve night with my family. The kids had fun. M was still sick. She was not throwing up anymore but still not feeling 100%. I thought I was going to have to skip the get-together but no one thought that would be a good idea (I knew exactly what was going to happen).
B called me 5 times on Christmas Eve. He wanted to argue about Christmas day, he wanted to talk to the kids (M was sleeping, C was watching a movie). He was a pain in the ass and doing his damnedest to wreck our night. I finally stopped answering his calls. His last message was the big threat...I-better-have-the-kids-call-by-such-and-such-time-or-else.
He was unwilling to follow the terms of the court order (supervised visitation, no contact with anyone else) so he did not see the kids on Christmas Day. I made sure I let him know how f-ed up his priorities are...see his kids on Christmas and not have Crazy there vs not seeing them so prove a point. I think we all know what he chose.
He wants to see them this weekend. Not sure how willing I am to accommodate his request. Any request to see the kids turns into dates, times, etc that he wants to use in court. I am kind of stuck between fostering the relationship and protecting myself. Court is inevitable. In the past 14 months, we have been to court 7 times...6 of those were initiated by B (the other was the GAL/social services court dates).
I got phone calls all morning yesterday. After having M at Christmas Eve (and knowing what would happen), my youngest sister got the flu. Her boyfriend got it. My dad got it. My stepmom was feeling queasy. My other sister was feeling queasy. My other sister got the flu. I was not feeling 100% yesterday. No throwing up. Just a gurgly stomach and very achy. The kids were staying with my mom so I laid on the couch all day. I caught up on all my recorded Law & Order's on DVR.
I was able to spend a couple nights with V, since the kids were not here. We watched movies, watched TV, talked about life in general.
I will go pick up the kids in a while. I have errands to run so I will let them come with. I am thinking about bringing them bowling tomorrow, just to get out of the house and do something fun. There is a birthday party tonight for my cousin's husband. It is at a bowling alley. But, it does not start until later and I am not sure the kids would have as much fun.
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about the sicknesses! And your x's jerkiness. But you're right - we made it through! 330-something days 'til we have to worry about it again.
Sorry about everyone being sick. (We've managed to avoid that so far this winter, but it's been going around.)
And like April said, we have a year before we have to worry about Christmas again. We made it!
Post a Comment