I slacked on being grateful the last few days...too much going on
1. My family-My mom took the kids Wednesday night so I could go out and I had a great, fun, crazy time with my sisters...even though it was a Wednesday night
2. My sister-She comforts my kids, teaches them, took on a HUGE job to help me and the kids out. She picked up the kids from my mom's and had them stay overnight with her so I could accept an unexpected invitation.
3. Unexpected invitations-V asked me to spend his birthday with him, which was yesterday. Not only was I able to share his birthday with him, I was able to give him a gift that required a lot of thought but very little money. He was thrilled with it (there was a lot more gushing about it but I am keeping it to myself for now).
4. Love-I know I can still love. I know I am being smart right now. I know I am asking for exactly what I want and what I deserve and not accepting less than that.
5. Honesty-I finally got some real, honest answers out of V last night (the drinking he did made his tongue a little looser than normal and I totally took advantage of it). I feel more at peace about what happened between us and what is going on now.
All in all, it has been a pretty good week. Only one minor meltdown on my part and I handled it ok, better than normal.
I love this quote:
"I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle, but if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe
It is a good lesson for me and honestly, a good lesson for everyone. I am sure we would all love to be perfect all the time but we can't. We need to appreciate each other's differences and nurture those that need it.
We do not live in society ruled by socialism or communism. Our society allows the opportunity to help each other and so many of us don't (me included). Wouldn't the world be such a better place???
Friday, December 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's a really great quote. I'm going to have to remember that. But a quote that's just as good was "I am sure we would all love to be perfect all the time but we can't. We need to appreciate each other's differences and nurture those that need it." That's some good stuff. Glad you're having a good week.
I love that quote, too! I think that's why I hate dating so much. So much pressure to always be "on" and at your best. I'd much rather know that someone can handle me at my worst!
LOVE the quote!!!!!!!!!
I, too, love the quote, and would like to steal it for my own.
Post a Comment