A recipe...
I make these at home and everyone loves them, including the kiddos.
Granola Bars
2 1/2 C Crisp Rice Cereal (I use generic)
2 C Quick Cook Oats (I use generic)
1/2 C Raisins
1/2 C Honey (You can use Light Corn Syrup too)
1/2 C Peanut Butter
1/2 C Brown Sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Chocolate chips, Nuts, Coconut, Flax, etc
Mix first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, set aside. Heat honey and brown sugar over medium heat until thoroughly combined. Remove from heat and add peanut butter and vanilla, mix thoroughly. Add to bowl and stir to coat. Add the remaining ingredients.
You can choose your remaining ingredients. I have left out the raisins and added chocolate chips and nuts. I have added all 3. I added walnuts and pecans to one batch. You can add M & M's.
After everything is thoroughly mixed and coated in bowl, dump everything into a 13x9 pan. Press the bars into the pan (press hard because they are crumbly). I let them cool and cut into "store" size bars and put them into the little snack size baggies. We store some in the freezer and some in the fridge.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love homemade granola-this sounds good!
This sounds really good...'cept, can you make it w/o the peanut butter?
I am sure you could find a substitute for the peanut butter or just leave it out all together and add extra brown sugar and corn syrup/honey. I love peanut butter so I put a little extra in.
Post a Comment