My son told be an absolutely disgusting story this morning...so gross that I actually wanted to lose my breakfast (if I had eaten any).
After dropping him off at daycare this morning, he decided that he wanted to play in the back yard. Cool with me, cool with DC lady. I am trying to put his shoes back on when suddenly he bursts out laughing.
"What's so funny, bud?"
"I ate a bug yesterday"
"No, you didn't" Or better yet...please tell me you are joking.
"I did eat it. It was black and white"
"C, we don't eat bugs. That is disgusting"
"No, it was delicious"
"Bugs are not delicious and I do not want you to eat them"
"But it was delicious Mom. He had mashed potatoes in his belly"
I am rendered completely speechless at this moment. Probably out of fear that if I open my mouth to speak I will most definitely dry heave. I could not even manage to tell him the tragic truth...that it was most definitely NOT mashed potatoes in his belly. What it was, I don't know nor do I want to.
Here is the lesson I learned today. Seeing your kids put bugs in their mouth before they can talk (which C also did...a big fat worm) is MUCH more pleasant than hearing them describe the bug (and other parts) they just ate!
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hahaha I totally love the mashed potatoes comment. I fear my daughter may never stop picking things off the ground and eating them.
Post a Comment