Well, we had court on Wednesday. I left the hearing feeling pretty good. The judge made it pretty apparent that he was not real impressed with B's instability these past few months. He said the same thing I did...B is trying to rush into overnights and you have to give the schedule time to work before you start changing it.
Imagine my utter shock, disappointment and anger when I saw my court order on Saturday...he was granted overnight visits. What am I missing here? This man was virtually non-existent for a year, remembers one day that he has other children, waltzes back in like the past 12 months never happened, caused chaos in our life and expects the red carpet treatment?
What happened to our legal system? When did the fight become more important than the outcome? Where are the dads that can stand up and co-parent their kids without all the anger and resentment? Sometimes relationships don't work, sometimes we wish they had and sometimes we put everything we had into them. I tried everything to make things work, I endured physical and emotional abuse (and continue to), I made the kids available to him for those 12 months he disappeared (his excuse...unless I got back together with him, he would no longer see the kids). Do I wish my kids had the benefits of a 2-parent home? Of course, but not at the price we were paying for it. At what point will the legal system step in and acknowledge that B is using two innocent kids as a weapon for his sick, vindictive "i-need-to-make-you-pay" game? Why do they deserve this? What kind of man is so wrapped up in hurting those that he feels wronged him that he cannot see the pain he causes his own kids?
I am onto Plan B. I am still not sure exactly what Plan B entails...but there will be a Plan B. Those kids deserve a Plan B.
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment