Monday, November 24, 2008

Do You Want Me To Stop?

Then say "Uncle"...

I learned a long time ago that I cannot be who everyone else wants me to be. I learned that a lifetime of baggage and mistakes and bad decisions will not be solved or cured through medicating or therapy. I know exactly what you are looking for and I am giving it to you. Maybe it is lie but it is easier this way.

The world of pretend is a much easier place to reside. It relieves the fear, the expectations, the knot in my stomach. Am I ok? Depends on the day. But on the outside, I will always be ok. I cannot explain anymore, I cannot put into words what is going to make the difference. I just do not have the answers. Meds are the answer for some, not for others. Therapy is the answer for some, not for others. I am not convinced that it is my answer now. I am not one to frown on any help that someone asks for. I have never frowned on therapy. I do not think it is a sign of weakness but of courage. I have done it.

Right now, my days are filled with fake smiles and mundane conversations..

I appreciate the comments and the concerns. I appreciate that therapy is a viable option in your eyes.

I have resigned myself to the fact that this is how it is going to be right now. I have resigned myself to the fact that I am a mom and that is all I will be right now. I have resigned myself to the fact that this is how I have been (whether anyone saw it on the outside) for 30 years...or as long as I can remember.

I do not let people get close. When someone knows me too well (with exceptions), I find new friends. I change my circle at a moments notice. I feel I am "protecting" these people from the real me. I cut all ties before too much of me comes out. I cannot be in a relationship for this reason. I will not have any other close friends (besides the ones I have now).

I give up. This is just me. Its not pretty but it is what it is.

Life won...I surrender..."Uncle"

6 comments:

said...

(((((((BIG HUGS)))))))

April said...

You will be okay. You will get through this. Already, in the short time I've been reading you, I've seen you have your good and your bad days. And yeah, sometimes faking it 'til you make it works, too. No one can live your life for you. The only thing I can really urge is for you to take in and consider the options. Then, you just have to follow your gut. Kinda like parenting, right?

justme said...

R-

I believe in you and the decisions you are making re: YOUR care. If you don't feel the meds/therapy are right this time, I trust your call.

Let's talk later today; we need to figure out a time to do that smudging we talked about.

Love ya.

Anonymous said...

hey girl. I tagged you for a meme if you want to take your mind off life for a while.

Ms Crazy Princess said...

I understand how you feel, for the most part, but nobody can really understand, right?
My opinion...
Do what you know you have to do. Nobody can tell you otherwise. Do what you feel and get through this. You CAN do that.

jenn said...

I agree with everyone else. Do what's right for you.

I'm not dealing with the things you are right now, but part of what you said I can relate to. When I am struggling with... whatever... I pretend I'm okay. I don't ask for help. I don't take meds. I don't do therapy (just because I never have, not because I have something against it). I may not be okay, but like you said, on the outside I will be. So I can understand that part of things. I say if it works for you, then do that for awhile. Do what you have to. You're strong.

I won't give any other suggestions because I know I wouldn't listen to them, so I won't expect you to either.

((hugs))