Wednesday, November 19, 2008

On A Lighter Note

I am getting a cold and I feel horrible. I just got home from the doctor...C has strep throat. Yeah! It has been a trying week, to say the least. But I am hanging in there. The meltdown was there but it was minimal. I found myself speaking in negative terms this morning (I am so dumb) but changed my thought process (This is not working so I need to do something else). It is an amazing difference when you think and speak about yourself in a different way.

The codependency post was deep, very deep. It is crazy to put your life and your problems out there and have people read your words and have a light bulb go off. It is crazy the way a problem that seemed small suddenly became so large. It is crazy to look back on your life and realize just how many situations could have been changed or done differently had you had more awareness.

I had some bad stuff happen in the last couple days but I am hanging in there. I am trying to keep my center and my focus. I am trying to still do and be better. I am trying to slowly make the changes that I planned on making.

I asked for help this time. I spoke up and admitted what happened and I asked for help. I did not willingly accept it but knew I was in way over my head and I needed support. I asked and I received. My family came through...all of them.

The little man will home with my mom tomorrow so I can get to work...3 day work week next week. I am SO excited.

I let C miss his therapy appointment on Monday. He did not want to go. He has been fighting me the last 2 times I had to bring him. He did not want to go so we started spacing them out every other week again. But Monday, he was crabby and tired and not feeling good. He did not want to go so I said ok. I feel like he should have some small say in going. He did not feel good and if the tables were turned, I would not go either.

That's about it. A lighter post to break up all the heavy stuff

3 comments:

jenn said...

Hope you start feeling better soon. I had a cold a couple weeks ago and it made me miserable. (Probably because I didn't let myself rest.) I'm glad you're doing so well in spite of a few problems. And good job asking for help (I don't know if I could do it).

pineislandmn said...

I'm proud of you, I think you are handling the situation very well.

goin-crazy said...

Your opinion may be different if you saw my freakin meltdown this morning. I need a girl's night, a break, something.