I did not get as much done as I thought or hoped to this weekend. We still have not carved pumpkins. We did not have time Friday or Saturday and we got home too late last night. We also did not make cookies. The dough is made and in the fridge.
I did get most of the laundry done. I got most of the downstairs cleaned (still need to wash the sheets on my bed). I have not even attempted the upstairs. The toy room is a disaster and I have no ambition to clean it up. We got a new (to us) couch yesterday. The kids were excited. Who knew a little thing like that could make their day?
The GAL came over on Friday night. For the most part, it was a good meeting. It sounds like supervised visits will stick for a while so that is a relief. I will not find out for sure until Wednesday morning at our court hearing.
She brought up some other stuff that was very upsetting for me. Initially, I was more angry about it. As time went on (mainly by Saturday), I had myself is major meltdown mode. A combination of self-reflection, mistakes and anger was a bad mix for me. I am not going to say much more about it now. I am still working through it and trying to figure out how to handle it. Until then, I am staying tight-lipped.
In an effort to be more conscious of my feelings (and to work towards getting my strength back), I started reading this book. I am about halfway through. I have a few others on my list as well but I want to avoid information overload.
I took a good, hard look at myself in the mirror this morning (besides for the obvious need to tone and tighten), I look tired. I have had black circles under my eyes for so long that I cannot even remember what my face looked like before. The stress and anxiety and sadness is definitely starting to show on the outside too.
I am leaving next weekend (the 7th) for a spa weekend with my sister. She is footing the bill for the room, the manicures and pedicures and the hot stone massages. I am thinking that I should try to put some money aside and maybe get a couple more things done (cut and/or color, facial) so I can come home a new woman. Start fresh. Feel good on the inside and the outside and start our new peaceful, happy journey.
The following weekend, I am having a Soul Portrait done (thanks to E). I am excited about this too. What a great way to start our new journey.
A fresh look and a fresh outlook...
Monday, October 27, 2008
A little good, a little bad
Labels:
Celebrations,
Legal Woes,
Life,
Sisters,
Sprituality,
Visitation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That book sounds interesting - I'd love to hear more about it.
I hope you have a great time on your spa weekend!
Good luck on Wed.
Good luck with court; I am glad that it sounds like the supervised visits are going to hold for awhile, or at least that is what she is going to receommend, right? and while I understand about being told something that you have done made you angry, I think al ot of times they make us angry because we know it is true. So hold on, work through them as best as you can, and remember that it doesn't matter anymore what you did nor did not do-you get to have the chance to fix things, and htat is huge! I am envious of the spa weekend-that sounds absolutely heavenly!
The spa weekend sounds great. Enjoy it, you deserve a break.
Post a Comment