Monday, September 1, 2008

It's Labor Day and I am cleaning

Sounds like fun huh? I did go camping. It felt good to get away from this house, away from this town, away from V. It was really depressing to come back.



The kids had fun camping. M was in heaven. She made a new friend that she calls "best buddy". C was ok. He did not have much fun. He had an accident on Friday night on the trampoline. He hurt his ankle pretty bad. I did not bring him in on Friday (and maybe I should have). I gave him some Tylenol, some ice and propped his foot at bed time. We left on Saturday morning. I propped his foot during the car ride, put in a movie and away we went.



He was still not putting any weight on it on Saturday afternoon. He could not get from place to place by himself. It made for a very tiring day for me. Carrying a 42 lb 4 yr old everywhere he wanted to go? Not so much fun.



By Sunday, he was hopping on one foot but still not putting any weight on his injured foot. I decided that I should just bring him in. So we cut the camping trip short, drove home, unpacked the car and turned around and went to the ER. We got there about 7:00 last night. It did not take as long as I thought. We were out of there about 9:30 and we left with this:





The dr. does not think it is broken or fractured but she said it is really hard to tell because the bones are so small. He will go back for a re-check on Friday.

He has started walking a little bit so that is good. He ankle still hurts him alot. I was trying to put his pj's on last night and I moved his foot the wrong way and he started crying.

Other than that, things at home have been about the same. We are all moping around the house, not eating, sleeping too much. The kids are whiny and I am crabby.

Hopefully this week turns out better than last week.

2 comments:

April said...

Sorry to hear about C's accident! I hope you're getting some relaxation in.

Ms Crazy Princess said...

Oh my goodness! His poor little foot!!! I hope he gets better soon.
On a better note.. I can't wait to take the spawn camping .. ;)