Friday, September 12, 2008

My Good News

I got my good news today. *whew* I filed an OFP yesterday since the jackasses at Social Services don't want to do the job my tax dollars are paying them to do. I was told that my kids are in therapy and they don't see a need to do anything further. Case Closed.

So, I got a phone call from the courthouse letting me know that my order is signed and I can come and get it. But, the judge scheduled a hearing. So I only have the OFP for 7 days.

I am going at this pro se (I know many of you disagree with this but I have no other options...NONE). All my blogging buddies are super smart so tell me what I need to bring on Thursday.

I want the OFP extended for a longer period of time. I want my son to be able to actively pursue his therapy without interference. I want them to be safe and I want them to feel safe. And I want to find out what f&$( is going on over there.

These are the things that are already in the works:
1. Letter from his therapist
2. Letter from their daycare provider
3. My own notes on the things he has said and done
4. Letter from my sis (the kids said some stuff to her)
5. Copies of the incident reports from the sheriff showing up

Help me! What else do I need??? I want to claim a victory (as much as this can be since I am doing this against their own dad) for my kids on Thursday.

4 comments:

said...

I don't have any advice but my prayers and thoughts are with you.

Kori said...

I really can't think of anything else, simply because you seem so prepared. Make sure you give the "I don't have a desire to prevent my children from having a relationsip with their father, but based on the evidence I have, I don't feel it is in their best interest." something along those lines. If something pops up in my little pea brain, I will let you know; in the meantime, stay strong-you are doing a freaking awesome job, even though I know it doesn't feel like it.

jenn said...

Good luck. I'm sure you'll do fine. Sorry I don't have any advice.

April said...

I can't think of anything else, either. You are doing a great job and my very best wishes for a successful outcome on Thursday.

Your kids and their safety comes first - the fact that they need protection from their father is their father's fault. No one else's.