Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Not One of My Better Days

Yesterday was not a good day. I cried ALL day. I couldn't stop. It was just not good. It was not about one thing. It was about everything. The fighting, the court dates, the phone calls from B and the police, making phone calls to the "right" people, the emails from B, the kids and trying to get them through all this, trying to get myself through all of this, the guilt of sending them even though I didn't want to.

I am not too much better today but I am trying hard to hold it together. I am at work. It might freak out the "pretty people" if I start sobbing at my desk!

There is some good news to report: B called the cops again on Saturday. I was not home, as usual. I did take the deputy's phone call though. I explained to him what was going on. I gave him the looooong version, including the kids' previous allegations, C's letters to his therapist, the things they have been saying, trying to talk to B about, his disinterest, him showing up at my house, calling social services, etc. He asked who I talked to at Social Services. I told him and he said he was calling her today. He told me to call her later this week and she would tell me exactly what I needed to do going forward. He said the kids are safe with me and to leave them with me. He said they will most likely forward the report to the police department where B lives and start an investigation. So, tentatively, things may be progressing. I don't want to get my hopes up too much.

Also C's therapist called me this afternoon. She had a cancellation this afternoon and she wanted me to bring Chase in. I jumped on it. She knows how much he wants to to talk to her. I had to scramble a bit but I think I have it figured out.

I am going to leave out the rest of the negative stuff. I am just not strong enough right now to think about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big hugs to you, Tough lady. I'm sorry life is such a hell right now, I'm preparing for the worst as well.

Anonymous said...

More hugs to you. Just take it one day at at time...it's all you can do.

You are doing your best to do what your children need -- Keep it up. I know it doesn't seem like it now (at all!), but eventually this will be a memory.

(I used to hate it when people said that to me...but it is true.)

It's not an easy road, but there are lots of us out here thinking about you and hoping it gets better soon.

(((HUGS!!!)))

Anonymous said...

Sorry things are so bad right now. Hope it gets better.

April said...

You're handling things really, really well. I'm so sorry it's so awful, and I think you're doing an amazing job.