I had court this morning. The GAL was there. I had to wait a bit before my case was heard. My hearing was confidential so they had to clear the courtroom. Nothing much happened. B has avoided being served so far. The sheriff has been out there 4 times and so far, no one will answer the door. So, the judge extended the OFP for another 7 days and I have to go back on Wednesday.
Tomorrow morning is my child support modification hearing. The sheriff is going to try to serve him at the courthouse tomorrow before or after that hearing.
B filed his responsive motion. He is asking for child support to be lowered and not to have to pay any of the arrears. He makes twice as much money as I do, his family size is the same, he has another adult in his household that has income and he has to pay me $500/month. I know there are single parents out there that get no child support so do not jump all over me. I am speaking from my own life and experience. A man that grosses $1300/week can sure afford more than $500/month in child support.
So, basically, we will see what happens.
I am tired today. I hardly slept at all last night. I was anxious about court. I hate going into the courtroom. I always feel out of place and I feel like a criminal.
On a plus note, C fell asleep in the car last night on the way home from daycare. I carried him the house, took off his shoes and put him in my bed. He slept ALL night long. He really needed that.
I am going walking with my sis tonight and we are going to stat the gym next week. Yeah!
I am planning on having a kid-free night on Saturday night. I am going to try to have fun, relax and enjoy just being me. I am taking a "mom break".
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You go girl. You definitely deserve it.
I'm glad C slept well. He did need that, didn't he? Poor little guy...
You're doing great!
I don't htink you will hear a single woman telling you that you are asking too much in child support, ha ha, just men. Keep going at it; you sound a LOT better the last few days!
Well, I'm one of those that doesn't get child support and I would never throw it in someone's face who is complaining about not getting enough. You need, and deserve, all you can get.
Yay for a mom break. Have fun.
Of course I don't begrudge you getting child support - and you're so right that he should be paying more!
Post a Comment